A warm welcome to the International School Breda. We are a friendly school community with the aim of nurturing happy children and engaged parents with an enthusiastic team of highly experienced and knowledgeable teaching and support staff.
Our ethos is to put your child’s learning at the centre of everything we do by equipping them with the skills they need to be in control of their own learning. We welcome children and young people, aged 3 to 18, and we are extremely proud to offer preschool, primary and secondary international education at our campus. Our team’s priority is to make sure that every student in our school reaches their full potential by receiving an excellent international education that prepares them for a future filled with limitless global opportunities.
In our Primary Department (ages 4 – 11) we work with the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) alongside the Early Years, Literacy and Numeracy strategies from the UK. We are changing towards PYP.
Our Secondary Department is an accredited IB World School. Students aged 11 – 16 follow the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) and students aged 16 – 18 prepare for the International Baccalaureate exams through the Diploma Programme (DP). In some circumstances, our DP programme is also open to students who have completed the Dutch HAVO course and are looking for an alternative to the VWO course.
Our primary and secondary departments both work closely with local partner schools within our educational trusts PCPO and Libréon: Dr De Visser for Primary and Mencia de Mendoza for Secondary, a school with whom we share the International Campus. We also have close ties to child care centre Devi Ruitersbosch, part of the Devi Kids organisation and situated right next door to the school.
We guide our students to:
- be confident, self-reflective and comfortable taking risks
- prepare for further studies and continued learning
- build on their sense of equity and caring to connect with their communities
- become leaders and communicators of change, working towards a sustainable future
- Collaboration: We work together and celebrate the success of others
- Creativity: We use our imagination and apply critical thinking skills to find solutions
- Open-mindedness: We learn from each other and welcome opinions that differ from our own
- Reflection: We are self-aware and understand the impact of our actions
- Respect: We treat each other and those around us with respect and we expect the same in return